We’re All In This Together – A Word From Our CEO
TBV would like to thank you for your support during these challenging times. It has been uplifting to hear from people as to how they have adapted their lives and prioritized their recovery.
As a result of the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, we have been receiving questions from you about meeting cancellations. Some meetings have remained unaffected, while others have been cancelled indefinitely. Given the rapidly changing environment, we are uncertain when normal meeting schedules will resume. However, in the meantime, we are hard at work updating our national meeting database.
These are truly uncharted times and we’re learning right alongside you as we navigate this extremely dynamic situation. As a start-up in the recovery sphere, we are aware of the responsibility that we bear as part of society.
Therefore, TBV has been prioritizing the health and safety of our recovery community and the TBV team, while continuing to supply the very best in 3rd party verification of attendance at self-help meetings (of all types). Effective March 17, we have implemented the following measures:
• Cancelled all TBV events and participation at affiliate events;
• Temporarily closed our Boston and Florida offices with all team members working from home;
• Administered extensive safety and hygiene measures, in line with the Center for Disease Control guidelines, for our team;
• Provided TBV team members with advice on how to help prevent exposure and what to do should they exhibit any symptoms;
• Required any employees who experience symptoms seek medical attention immediately; and
• Insured social distancing and disinfecting protocols are being followed.
Additionally, we are incorporating the following features into the TBV Platform:
• ZOOM-type meetings, accessible via the TBV app
• New “Temporary COVID-19” meeting locations
• A “verification protocol” to all video and conference call support meetings
• TBV hosted ZOOM Type meetings to engage the recovery community in topics around staying clean and sober in these most difficult times.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus.
We are sincerely grateful to our team members, our technology partners and, mostly, to our recovery community who are still at work… One day at a time.
For any questions, please contact me at Chuck@TBVME.com or call us at 833-TBV-MECO (8286326).
In love, Chuck Madden and your TBV team